Thursday, December 19, 2013

Just being me

 I am not a perfect mother or woman.  I do not eat enough fruits and veggies (for a nursing mom). I let her cry for more than 5 min sometimes. Sometime I just have to put her in the pack n play and take a step outside. My laundry hamper is almost always full. I often forget a load in the washer overnight. My carpets desperately need to see the long lost vacuum. I found a few grapes under the chair the other day. Had to be a few weeks old. I often just sit my ass down on the couch while Emma naps and do nothing. My bathrooms need some scrub and bubbles (by the way, they don't scrub so you don't have to. That's a bunch of crap. False advertising if you ask me.) I have fallen asleep while nursing, burping, pumping, going to the bathroom and pretty much during everything else to. I have let Emma sleep in our bed. I nurse her to sleep most nights. I don't always follow the 2 day bath rule for Emma (that's my own rule to, smh). Who am I kidding, I don't follow that rule for myself most the time haha.  My dogs don't always get fresh water every day. My husband gets a cranky wife most days just because I need to vent to someone........... I guess what I'm trying to say here is I am just me. I'm no mother Theresa or Betty Crocker.  I make a lot of mistakes and I am sometimes selfish. But I am true to myself. I tell ya how it is and I don't sugarcoat shit.  I think that's what make me me. You love me or hate me. I would rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not. 

No matter what pressure you have on you. Or who tells you what is best for you. Just be you! Go with your gut. You have all the answers you need there. No googling, books, other moms or even your own mom will have the "right" answers. Only you. So it's ok if your house is a mess, your kids run around screaming in stores, you don't eat fruits and veggies, or if you sometimes just lay like broccoli on the sofa. Do what you need to do. It will be ok!  Just be you. Stay True. 

That is all. Just felt the urge to write. :)

3 comments:

  1. Right on! I can relate...sometimes you have just let things go and do whatever you have to and let it go. My LO is 5 months and I find myself just trying to survive lol! It does get easier though (I have to keep reminding myself that!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds pretty normal to me! I think most new moms are exactly like this. Some just won't admit it :)

    ReplyDelete