Thursday, February 6, 2014

6 months old!

Half a year old! Can you believe it? I can't. Before I know it she will be one!

Where to start?........ Let's start with the most exciting thing, for me at least! For the past week or two she has been sleeping from bedtime to around 4-5am! This is huge for us. She was getting up 3+ times a night. It just sort of happened and I am loving it! We moved her bedtime from 7:30 to 8. So 8-9 hours she is going before wanting to eat again. After I feed her she goes right back to sleep until 8. It's almost like she has an internal alarm clock for 8am. It's always 8:01, 7:58, 8:05...... I would love to sleep in a little later but hey, I shouldn't be complaining really. It could be A LOT worse! She is still in her tucker sling to sleep. I tried taking it away for a nap.......OMG! I won't do that again. At least not anytime soon. She didn't know what to do with herself. She flung around everywhere and screamed! She ended up throwing up she was so upset. Poor baby. We are also struggling with swaddling. She insists on it or she won't go to sleep. She just cries and cries. I tried one arm out, a loose swaddle, no swaddle and swaddle until she is asleep but nothing is working. So I will just keep doing it I guess for now. At least I know she can't flip over and suffocate herself because the sling keeps her in one spot. 

Emma cut her first tooth last week! Her second one just poked through too. She was a very cranky baby but after it broke through she was much happier. They are sharp little things too! I'm still nursing and let me tell you, when she was trying to cut them I was in lots of pain! She isn't as bad now but sometimes I regret not introducing her to a bottle sooner. She looks so cute with her little teeth. :) somehow I managed to get a few pictures. It was like Fort Knox in there!

She has started drinking/chewing on this new cup I got her. She mostly chews but sometimes takes a few big drinks. I put pear juice/water in it and she seems to like that the best. If it's milk she wants nothing to do with it. I don't know why. She just prefers to nurse. 

Her 6 month appointment was today. She weighed in at 17lbs 7 ounces, 27 inch long, and her head was 16 1/4 inches. 75th percentile for weight 90th for height and 40th for head. We talked about her pooping/lack of pooping problem and she gave us a medication to try out for a few weeks and see if it helps. Since starting solids she can't poop so I hope this helps. She also got her shots today. No more until her first birthday! The dr said she is right on track and looks great. Oh I did end up getting a new dr. I didn't like my old one. This dr is so much nicer and more thorough. 

Emma is sitting very well. She doesn't need help at all anymore. She sometimes falls over but usually by choice I think. I left her on her play mat the other day and when I got back she was about three feet away from her starting point. I guess I will never know how it happened but I'm guessing she rolled over there. It had to of been at least 2rolls, maybe 3. When she is doing tummy time she scoots if I put a toy just out of reach. I don't think it will be long before she really starts scootin along. Probably a few months before she crawls though. I got a walker for her and can cruise really well on the hardwood floor but struggles with the carpet. 

Her favorite toy is still the talking/singing book. She is also very find of this popping ball toy. It's a giraffe :) She has started figuring out the drop it on the floor and mom picks it up game! Annoying but oh so cute, for now at least :) I'm sure I will eat my words in a few weeks. She has started reaching for mark and I. Love that!

She is eating solids twice a day.  Once in the morning about a 1/2 hour after she nurses. The the same in the evening. She eats a lot more at night though. Girl can eat! She has a full 2.5oz thing of food and about 2 tbls of oatmeal mixed in. Her favorites are peaches, carrots and squash. Her prevacid dose has been increased to half a tablet twice a day. 30mg per day. She is doing really well with that dose. She loves it too. Tastes like Cherries. Beats the hell out of that compounded liquid crap. 

My husband went to the Super Bowl and got this so I rolled it up like a headband. Lol

We had her 6 month pictures done on Sunday! Love them! She did really well to. 







She is currently in 6-9 -9month footed onsies and 6-9 month clothing. She can still squeeze into a few 6 months outfits. She is so long! 

That's all I have for now. :) here are some pictures......










Haha, not always happy!






1 comment:

  1. She is sooooo cute! Love the update. I'm glad you found a new doctor for her that you like. Love love love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete