Wednesday, July 6, 2016

4 months


I took Jack in for a weight check to see if we need to increase his meds. He weighed in at 15 lbs 3 oz (75th percentile) that was at 3 1/2 months.  He is now on 15mg of Prevacid vs 7.5mg. The dr also suggested adding cereal to his diet to help keep things down. I tried the cereal, he hated it. On a spoon he just couldn't do it. He would gag and spit it out. I will revisit this at 5 months I think. After the increase in meds he's doing better but now we have a new issue. He is constipated. He went 5 days without pooping and then.... Let's just say there was no saving the outfit he had on. Sometimes you just have to cut your losses ya know lol. I think I will start him on miralax. That's what I had to do with Emma because of the same issue. For some reason Prevacid just constipates babies. 
Jack is a relatively a very happy baby. He hardly ever complains. Really the only time he cries is when he's hungry. He loves his new jumparoo play thing. It's a whole new type of playing for him. He isn't fond of tummy time and doesn't do well with it. His favorite thing to do is interact with us. Emma really gets him happy. It's so cute. We sing songs with him and he just smiles and coos. He started laughing a little over the past few days. Apparently peep a boo is hilarious. 
Our big boy is in 6 month clothing and size 3 diapers! He's going to be a linebacker I think, lol. He eats on demand most the time but we are on somewhat of a schedule. He eats plays sleeps. That's how it goes most days unless we are out and about. He goes to bed around 8pm, he eats at 3am then wakes at 6 and I just bring him in bed with us. At 8 I give him his meds and then he eats 30 min later. He typically naps around 10:30, 2 and 5. Then at 8 he's down for the night unless he throws a fit. Some nights I have to go in his room multiple times to give him his binkie. Other nights he doesn't make a peep. Overall he's a good sleeper though. 
That about sums up everything about Jack!
We had a great 4th of July. Jack didn't flinch one bit with the fireworks. Emma loved them! She is my wild child. She could barely sit still to watch them. But she had fun none the less. 
Emma will be 3 next month! Oh my goodness, I definitely have a threenager. This little angle never stops. From the time she wakes till the second her head hits the pillow she is go go go. She's doing gymnastics once a week and that's the only activity we have her in right now. She's been talking a lot about ballet though.  We will for sure have to keep her very busy. If we don't I fear that she will end up acting out and getting in trouble. I suspect she has adhd but I don't think that can be diagnosed at this point in time. I'll be asking the dr at her appointment though. Poor kid has so much energy she doesn't know what to do with herself. She's so happy though. She just loves life. 
That's all for now. Talk with ya next month!
Pappy and Jack



No comments:

Post a Comment