Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A black cloud!

When I say black cloud I really mean it. I have had a string of bad luck this past 6 days. 
On Thursday our garage door broke and we were told we needed a new door. Awesome, just what I wanted to spend 2k on. Then he tells me that it will take anywhere from 1-3 weeks to get it. So I have to open and close it manually. Fast forward to today... I was going to my chiropractor appointment and when I went to close it the damn string that you pull broke. Now I have to pull the actual door down. 
Yesterday Jack had his 4 month appointment. He weighed in at 16lbs 24 1/2 inch long and his head was 16 (I think). He was given 4 shots and 1 liquid. Within 2 hours he was screaming bloody murder and his belly was very extended. I gave him Tylenol, that didn't help. At 9 pm I called the after hours line and they said to bring him in to the pediatric unit. I was about to leave when he had a blow out. Then another. Then another. His belly went down and he stopped crying. He nursed a bit and then passed out so I decided not to take him in. I wasn't going to wake him up so that Drs could torture him.  He ended up sleeping until 6:30. Crazy! He's doing much better today. A little fever but over all soooo much better. At his 6 month appointment I'm not going to let them do 4 shots at one time again. I will come in once a week for 4 weeks if I have to. I'm not putting him through that again. Poor kid. 
Ok so backing up again to last night. Our AC ended up going out. It was hot as hell last night in my house. I don't know how any of us slept through that. I talked with the hvac people today and they said our coil is frozen and it has to thaw before they can do anything. So they are coming in the morning. I just hope that we don't need a new unit. I know we do though. We are staying at my moms  tonight and going back over in the morning. Sooo that's my cloud! I just pray the skies start to clear. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it's been a heck of a week! We don't have AC in our house at all. I have actually never lived in a house with AC in my entire (almost) 19 years of marriage. It succkkkkksssss! We have a few window units for the kids' rooms, but that doesn't help the rest of the house much! Hope next week that little black cloud moves right along and stops terrorizing you!

    ReplyDelete