Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Moving and 27 Weeks

Yesterday marked 27 weeks! Our last week in the second trimester, yay!!! How am I feeling..........very pregnant! I'm tired all the time, no energy, my butt hurts (yes my butt, by my tailbone), my lower back hurts, my legs ache all night long, I can't sleep....... There is a little sample of how I feel. I think the second trimester "I'm feeling great" attitude has left the building. Oh and my emotions are all over the place! crying one minute laughing the next.
Emma is quite the athlete in there! She moves ALL the time. Looks like she is trying to escape from the outside. I do love that part, except at 3am! I have my first appointment with my new Dr. next Thursday. They are doing an ultrasound so I get to see this sweet girl again! I think I'm going to eat a huge candy bar before I go so she is awake, lol. Oh, and I did get my diabetes test back, NEGATIVE! That's a relief for sure. I did come back anemic though. So I have to start taking iron pills at night. But everything else came back normal.

Now I need to vent a little about our move out to New York! I just had a bad feeling something was gunna go wrong before we got on the plane. I had been having major anxiety for weeks about putting my sweet Dakota under the plane. So when I had to do my final handoff to the airport officials I had a little bit of a breakdown. I cried like a little baby! He was so scared and I hated leaving him like that. But I had no choice. So once I gathered myself mark and I made it over to our gate with our other dog Izzy. She is only 5lbs so she could ride in cabin with us. Once on the plane my anxiety came and went for most of the flight. 5 long hours I sat there wondering what he was doing under there. Oh and the flight was freezing the entire time! The stewardess said there was nothing she could do about it. Then I went to the bathroom and I think she noticed my very pregnant belly cause she came back with a blanket and said she stole it from first class for me! One of the perks of being pregnant, people always feel sorry for the pregnant girl, lol!! Works for me! Anyway, I tried to keep busy with playing games on my phone and eating all the peanuts I could find! Then we finally landed. We got off the plane as fast as we could and went to pick up Dakota. Once down to baggage claim our suitcases were already there, but no Dakota! We asked the workers and they said someone will bring him out shortly. Ok, wait wait wait, still no Dakota. By this point I'm pissed! I just want my dog and I want to go! Mark told me to wait where I was and went to the counter again. He came back and said they can't find him!!! WTF, what do you mean they can't find him, he is a live animal in a huge crate!!!! The lady (baggage handler) walked passed us and said there's no dog back there in a rude pissed off voice and walked away! I about lost it. If I hadn't been pregnant that woman would have been on the floor and I would have been in hand cuffs. (Yep, I'm crazy like that when it comes to family and my dogs) Anyway the manager came out and said I'm she was trying to figure it all out. We sat there for an hour and a half when finally they brought him out! I was sweating and crying hysterically. I was so happy to see him and he was so scared. He to was ready for the day to be over. At the end of the day we received $200 in travel vouchers for our trouble. Not enough if you ask me but whatever. I will never fly delta airlines with my pets again. I mean seriously, how do you lose a live animal on a direct flight?!? Craziness I tell you.

So we got to our new apartment late that evening and set up the air mattress and went to bed. And this is where my bad luck continues! The place is beautiful but it was dirty! The floors, bathtubs and counters were all dirty. They vacuumed and painted but that was it. Also the hot water heater is a tankless one and it gives you a few minutes of hot water then switches to ice cold! I have to keep turning it off and wait for it to turn hot again. So we called the office and they said they would send someone to clean and to fix the water. Someone came for the water twice now and it's still not fixed and no one came to clean. I finally just did it myself. I'm still trying to get them to fix the water though.

Then on top of all this we are still waiting for our stuff and car from San Diego. The driver told us on Thursday it would take 4-5 days tops. He called today and asked if I wanted him to deliver Saturday or Monday? What?!? Really 10 or 12 days? That's crazy especially since he said 4-5 in the beginning. I told him Saturday and asked why its taking so long. He said well I have a delivery in Virginia to and I don't want to have to back track. Grrrrr! He also said that in our contract it states 7-10 days for delivery, so really he is on schedule. Well he shouldn't have said 4-5 days if this was the case. Whatever, so now I sit here in an empty apartment for another 2 days with nothing to do.

Over the weekend I had mark take me to Carlos bakery in New Jersey! He is the guy on TLC with the show called cake boss! Ummmmm, I'll just say YUM! It was delicious. My favorite is the lobster tails pastry. So delicious! We also went to Central Park on Mother's Day and walked around. I got my first slice of New York pizza. It was great! We also got pedicures :)

That about sums up my past week! I know this post isn't as cheerful as my others usually are. I'm sorry for that but sometimes a girl just needs to vent. Hope you all have a great week! See you at 28 weeks





2 comments:

  1. It's so exciting to follow along with your journey. I was looking forward to hearing about NYC. I am sorry it's been so hectic. Your poor dog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Just wow. How in the HECK do they misplace your DOG for crying out loud! That really is rediculous. Seriously. I'm sorry the move was pretty sucky, but hopefully you have gotten your stuff by now. And hot water that lasts long enough to take a shower! Sheesh! On a positive note, you look absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete