Friday, May 31, 2013

29 weeks and my poor puppy

I'm a little late on posting this week. We have had a rough week here. I can't seem to arch a break. I'll start off with the main event. On Monday evening my little izzy jumped/fell off the couch and broke her front right leg. Poor pup. I will never forget those screams from her. It was awful to say the least. We rushed her to the emergency vet office where they did X-rays and fount that both bones snapped and she dislocated a bone in her wrist. They put her out and put the bones back in place. Then gave her a pretty bright pink cast and told us that she would need surgery. Surgery! Really? Uuhhg. This was not what we wanted to hear. They gave us the name of some orthopedic surgeons, we paid the bill and went home. She was so drugged up that she was dripping slobber all over the place, :( I felt awful for her. That night I got about an hour of sleep because she could not get comfortable. She cried and whimpered a lot to. Any move she made woke me up. By 1am I decided to just stay up with her on the couch. Much of Tuesday was spent on the couch just trying to get some zzzzzz's with her. Thankfully by the next day she was starting to feel better and able to move around better. Wednesday and Thursday we went for consultations with the surgeons and set up the surgery for today (Friday). I dropped her off this morning. They are putting a plate and screws in her leg to stabilize the bone. She will be in a cast for 4-6 more weeks after that. I pick her up tomorrow morning. Sooooo, that was how my week went. Please send puppy prayers for her today! Poor pup

Other than that, nothing really new in my life. I'm just growing a baby!

Emma is getting much bigger these days. She rolls all around in there. I love seeing it. Sometimes it's a little painful but worth it. I love seeing her move around. It just tells me she is doing good in there. My belly is getting kinda heavy now. Standing for over 15 min becomes difficult. I may have to go get one of those support belts. Going up the stairs is a challenge to. By the 5th step I'm out of breath and my belly starts to hurt a little. Kinda like a muscle pain. You know you are in the third trimester when you drop something and then think to yourself "do I really need that?" Lol most the time I do without. I also plan my trips between the upstairs and downstairs. I have to make sure I get everything I need in one trip. And if I don't make a list chances of me forgetting something are very high! My pregnancy brain is getting BAD!

Lets talk about hot flashes! OMG! I can't keep cool. I am hot 90% of the day. I have a portable fan with me most of the time. My skin isn't hot, the heat comes from within! It's crazy. Then after a few minutes I start breathing heavy and feeling sick. Last night was the first time I ended up puking from it. It was a violent vomit session to. I thought I was dying. The heat here in New York is much different than San Diego. San Diego has dry heat and it gets hot but nothing like here. You walk outside and can barely breathe because the air is so thick. I forgot how much I hated humidity. For the time being my air conditioner is running almost all day. Our bill will be outrageous but hey, I'm frickin hot! It's hot as hell and I'm not gunna suffer. This momma is gunna keep cool any way possible! Eating ice or ice cream helps! I usually choose the ice cream :) I often find myself stripping down to my birthday suit throughout the day. Lol whatever works right?! Don't worry I shut the blinds before I take off everything, haha.

Next week I go in for another check up. Just routine, no ultrasound this time. One thing you get spoiled on when you are an Ivf patient is having ultrasounds all the time. Then once you get further along all you get is the Doppler :( not that I don't enjoy that, but I would rather see her little face. We go in for a growth scan in two weeks though. I'm super excited for this! I hope to get some good pics of her. Maybe we will even get some 3d ones and be able to see some features.

I hope next week is a little less eventful to say the least. Maybe I can finish washing the remainder of Emma's clothes and blankets. Other than that and getting some curtains her room is finished!
See you all next week. I'll leave you with a bump pic and some pics of my little gimp, Izzy.







8 comments:

  1. Aw- poor pup! At least her cast is cute :)! I'm not dealing with this heat well either- thank god for AC and Popsicles!! Hopefully, the swelling stays away for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, the heat is no fun. I'll pray you keep cool along with all the other preggo's out there!

      Delete
  2. AWWW. Poor puppy! I am so sorry. That just breaks my heart for her. BTW you look great!!! Congrats on making it another week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww poor pup. That pink cast is very fashionable though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! I hope her next one is pink or purple. She looks good in those colors! Lol

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness, the photos of Izzy break my heart!! I am so sorry that you had to start your week out like that! It sounds like she is doing well though and I pray her surgery went well! Take care of yourself and her! Looking great in your photos Amber! Almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so sad for Izzy. I'm sure that had to be boo ribose for all of you. Love the pink cast, although it breaks my heart too :(

    Glad you are doing well, despite the heat!!!

    ReplyDelete