Wednesday, May 8, 2013

26 weeks, baby shower and moving!

Well this last week has been a little crazy! I'll start with my pregnancy..... 26 weeks! It's going by fast and slow, if that makes sense. Baby is moving like crazy all the time. She is laying from left to right most of the time now. I have been waiting for hiccups but haven't felt any. I hear it feels weird. I have been feeling pretty good for the most part. My lower back is often achy and I get occasional leg cramps to. I'm guessing that's all normal. I have gained 8 lbs from my scale. I went to the dr yesterday though and she said that overall I have only gained 3 because I lost weight in the first trimester. Doing good on that front though. I also had my glucose test yesterday. I should get the results back today sometime. Other than that, there is nothing new with the pregnancy.

I left on Thursday for St. Louis. My baby shower was amazing! We got a lot of great gifts including homemade blankets from a few folks, diaper genie, gift cards, couch diaper bag (thanks mom and dad), regular diaper bag, toys, excersaucer, bouncer, eating utensils, clothes (lots) and a ton of other stuff I'm forgetting about. The theme was of course mainly giraffe but included other safari animals. My cake was super cute and tasted amazing! There was also a great balloon lady that made a really cool palm tree. I have pics of it. Lots of friends and family showed up so we had a great time. My sister also brought the twins with her and it was the first time mark got to meet them! He got a little practice while in town :) He didn't change a diaper though, lol. Seemed like he always had something to do, crazy how that worked out like that. The trip was great though. We are extremely grateful for everything and everyone who helped make it possible. We came back home on Monday. The flight was a direct one so that was nice.

Once home I got a second wind after eating some pizza and decided that we should go to target and babies r us to stick up on everything else we needed. :) we had a lot of gift cards so we only ended up spending a little bit of our own money. Now I'm sure there is a ton of stuff we need that I am not aware of but we will cross that bridge when we get there. We got our stroller, swing, bedding, bath tub, pack n play, carseat, safety stuff, bath stuff, bottles, monitors, sheets and a lot more! I was so excited. We did have one little hiccup along the way :-/ I ended up losing my wallet at babies r us. It had over $500 in cash in there so I freaked out! Turns out I must have taken it out of my purse while in the bouncer section because that's were it was. After running around like crazy and having the manager look over security cameras I retraced my steps and found it sitting right next to a bouncer. Pregnancy brain I guess, lol. The husband was not thrilled with that excuse :) In the end though everything worked out. I learned my lesson though.

So today, actually as I write this, the moving company is here. They are packing everything for us, thankfully! I can't imagine how stressed I would be if I had to do it all. Yesterday I had to get everything packed that we will bring on the plane including dog stuff, bedding, clothes and shower stuff. I also had a dr appointment and a vet appointment. So the day was full! I was completely exhausted by 9pm. The movers come again tomorrow to actually load it all up and get on the road with it. It will take 7-10 days for it to get to New York. That's a long time to be sitting in an empty apartment. But I will have to make due. I guess I'll spend most of my time figuring out where everything will go and writing thank you cards for my shower. We fly out on Friday morning.

Well that's all I have for now. A lot going on. I'll update again next week. Here are some pictures























2 comments:

  1. yay for 26 weeks!!! Your shower photos are cute too! So glad you had a good time! Good luck on your move to New York! Let us know when you get there! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely adorable! Boy have you been busy! Hope the move has gone smoothly. I'm behind in my reading, so you may already be in NY by now. Congrats on 26 (27 now) weeks!

    ReplyDelete