Monday, April 13, 2015

It's over!

On Thursday I stated feeling sick with a fever chills and a bad cough. I though to myself please God let this be something small and it passes in a day or two. Friday comes and I'm worse. Saturday I can't function. I was in bed shaking uncontrollably when I called for mark to bring the thermometer up. I had taken Tylenol almost 2 hours earlier for my fever and it wasn't breaking! Took my temp and it was 105.3!!!!!!!!! I though for sure it was wrong. Again again and again I took my temp with the same results each time. So off to the er I went. After sticking me not once not twice but five times to get an iv they were able to start getting tests done to see what was going on. Those needles for ivs are horrible! Anyway they did blood tests urine tests and a X-ray. My X-ray came back as pneumonia. 😞 I knew at that moment it was over. He said I'm going to call your fertility dr and see what he wants to do. My RE wanted a CT scan just to make sure that it wasn't a blood clot that looks like pneumonia. But he also said that regardless of the outcome I need to stop the estrogen. My heart kinda sunk a little. That was it, the end. So we did the ct scan and it came back fine. No blood clot but pneumonia was confirmed again. I took off my estrogen patches with a few tears coming out. I was so angry that I had done all the prepping and went through all the hot flashes for nothing. I was released after a iv round of antibiotics and fluids. 

As I was waiting for my mom I told her to bring me food because I felt like I was starving. She did and I ate. But for some reason I felt like I was still hungry. I mean horribly hungry. Bad stomach rumbling hunger pains. So when I got home I ate a little more. But I felt kinda nauseous this time but also had those pains in my stomach still. I went to bed and tried to go to bed. I was up all night with this awful pain in my stomach not to mention I was coughing up a lung as well. By 6 am I thought for sure I was dying. I called the er and they said it could be from coughing but I could come back up if I needed to. I took some Tylenol and tried to get up with my husband and Emma for the day. I laid on the couch and did a few dishes but was still in lots of pain with my stomach. By the afternoon I was in tears and went to the er again. 

They did more tests and gave me pain medication. They wanted to do another ct scan but thought that it was to much radiation. So they suggested an ultrasound. But guess what, they don't have a ultrasound tech in the hospital on Sunday's! WHAT??? You're a hospital right? I was so mad. They said they could page someone if there was an emergency though. But I'm not an emergency. So they sent me home again and told me to get an ultrasound done tomorrow and that my dr has been informed already and she will send me out to have one done once I call in the morning. 

Fast forward through another night of horrible coughing and pain in my stomach. I had my ultrasound and was told I have gallstones! Omg! Only I would get gallstones and pneumonia right before my FET. Now I have to have surgery. I don't believe all this is happening. Is it a sign? Is God telling me not to have a baby again or saying now isn't the time? I'm not sure. I do know that once I'm fully better I will start thinking about it again. I just wonder if I should wait a while now.......

Well I'm still in pain currently but I'm on pain medication so that helps. I'll update more after my surgery and I'm feeling better. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh no how awful! I'm so sorry that you are going to need surgery and that your FET has been cancelled. Hopefully you can bounce back from the surgery and pneumonia quickly!

    ReplyDelete