Monday, August 26, 2013

2 Weeks

All the days kinda run together these days. Week two has been a lot smoother but still hectic. I learn something new about being a mom everyday. 

Emma has hit a growth spurt I think. For the past 3 days she has been nursing hourly during the day and every 2-3 at night. It seems like after I finish nursing and changing her we start over again. I kinda feel a little like a dairy cow. Luckily these spurts don't last but a few days. So hopefully tonight we will start sleeping a little longer between feedings. 

At her last appointment she weighed 7lbs 11 ounces. And he said she is progressing well. Her cold that she got from me is gone for the most part. Just a little snot here and there. So that's good. We were doing sessions in the bathroom with steam. That seemed to help a lot. Along with frequent feedings and nose suctioning. 

Mark started back at work today. So far so good. I actually got some housework done. Not much but hey at this point going to the bathroom is an accomplishment for me lol. It's hard without him here to hold her while I eat or shower. I'm guessing that I will start taking showers at night now. 

My parents are coming in town this weekend. I'm excited to have them come. This kid is gunna be so spoiled with hugs and kisses by the time they leave! My dad hasn't seen her yet. My mom came in town for the birth so this will be her second time seeing her.

I have lost a total of 30 pounds since Emma's birth. I only had to lose 5 to get to pre pregnancy weight. I actually weigh less than I did on my wedding day. Now I need to start toning this flab!!! I can't wait to start on that!

Not much else is going on. Just eating sleeping and pooping, lol. I feel so blessed to have this beautiful little girl. Everyday I fall more and more in love with her. And everyday she does something new. I'm so excited for the weeks to come as she starts interacting with us. 

Hope you all have a blessed week!
I leave you with some pictures.....








1 comment:

  1. Omgosh, look at you two! Congrats on the weight loss already. That is so cool! She is adorable.

    ReplyDelete