Monday, August 5, 2013

39 weeks

I have come to the conclusion that Emma is going to have to be forced out. I will most likely go to term plus! Both Her mommy and daddy are stubborn people and I think she may have inherited it. She is gunna come on her terms. 

My back feels like its on fire most days. Sleep.... What's that? By the time I get comfortable I have to pee again. My fingers are swollen and feel as if they were put through a meat grinder in the mornings. There is a lot more I could complain about but I won't. I feel bad for being so negative but I'm just so uncomfortable and I'm sure I sound like a broken record to Mark. That poor guy has enough to worry about right now. So this blog is kinda my place to vent. I'll stop now though. 

Some friends from San Diego were in town this past week. She had her daughter 2 months ago. It was great seeing them. We walked the mall and caught up on gossip. Our husbands went to the apple store and played in there. Lol, they wouldn't have had any fun hearing about what we had to say. We had fun and I enjoyed some wetzles pretzels! :)

On Sunday Mark and I decided to take a trip down to time square and china town. I figured walking could only do me good at this point. I rode the subway for the first time! I was surprised at how many people offered their seat to me. There are some nice New Yorkers out there after all! We got some foot reflexology done in Chinatown. It felt awesome. I was hoping I would get a few contractions but I didn't. We had a good time and I'm glad we got to get out and see some of the city before Emma comes. 

Had my check up today. 1 1/2cm and 80% effaced! She is at -1 station. She did a membrane sweep to try and get labor started. It wasnt that painful actually. I have a little cramping going on but nothing to write home about. She said if its gunna work it will start labor tonight or tomorrow. So im hoping that contractions start soon! Dr said she is getting big and wants to do an ultrasound on Wednesday next week to see how big she is if still no labor. Then we will talk induction. I'm hopeful the membrane sweep works and I don't have to be induced. Time will tell I guess. Maybe my next post will be pictures of our sweet little girl! Fingers crossed! 






1 comment:

  1. I hope the membrane sweep works and you'll be meeting Emma real soon! No need to apologize for complaining. It's how you feel and of course you are allowed to feel miserable at this point! I have always wanted to visit New York City. I'm so glad you had a chance to do it before D-day. Good luck in the coming week! I'll be watching for your next post!

    ReplyDelete