Monday, March 4, 2013

17 weeks

Another week has passed. I am now 17 weeks! I definitely feel pregnant now. My lower back has been bothering me along with my left leg. Maybe it's the way my uterus is sitting, not sure but it has to be a nerve thing. I have been feeling the baby move more and more to. I think I have an athlete in there.

My grandma made another trip to the hospital this past week as well. She was diagnosed with brain cancer last spring. She has been a trooper for sure. Unfortunately the MRI showed another tumor that has caused some swelling and I think fluid. She was left with a very hard decision of another surgery, more radiation or to go on hospice. I think she decided on surgery but I'm not sure yet. I just pray that I get to see her again. I'm on the other side of the country. I'm thinking of making a trip back for Easter. Please keep her in your prayers.

My little Izzy was spayed on Thursday. She has had a rough recovery but is doing well now. She still whimpers every now and then but I'm not sure if that's because she is in pain or if she wants attention. She is so cute.









Cravings: Sweets

Mood: Good

Wedding Ring: Still fits

Sickness: I get queasy when I take the dogs for a walk and have to clean up after them! My gag reflex is pretty strong. The aches and pains of being pregnant are definitely here.

Miss anything: sleeping through the night.

Weight gain/loss: gained a total of 1 1/2 lbs so far.

Object Comparison: At the end of the week our Petrie will be the size of a sweet potato!

Movement: Yes, I can feel little rolls every now and then. I think I have an athlete in there.

Belly Button: In

Names: We have picked out both names and will announce on the day we reveal the gender.

Medical concerns: Just a little nervous still about my last appointment. I hope when we go back everything has gone back to normal.

Looking Forward To: Finding out if we have girl or boy parts growing in there!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your Grandma. I will say a prayer for her!

    Congratulations on the 17 week mark! When do you find out the gender?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amber! First, I just wanted to say I love your blog.. I recently just started one documenting our own TTC journey and love reading about your experiences! Yours gave me so much inspiration, and I'm excited to have found your site! I'm also excited to hear what the gender of your baby is and what name you've picked out :)

    My site is pretty new, but if you want to check it out here is a link! http://thebabyfilesbysara.blogspot.com/

    I'm sure I'll be consistently visiting and saying hi again soon! Congrats on 17 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for athletes! That is awesome :)

    I am so sorry that your Grandma is not doing well. I lost my Grandpa last year. I hope you are able to make that trip at Easter to go see her.

    ReplyDelete