Tuesday, February 26, 2013

16 weeks

I had my second trimester appointment today. My doctor decided to do an ultrasound because of the cramps I have been having. She discovered a 3cm blood clot on the outside of the amniotic sac. She said that I may or may not have bleeding in the near future. If I do than I'm supposed to call and go back in. She also saw something on the placenta. She wasn't sure what it was though. She said it could be a blood vessel that popped but wasn't sure. It did not have any blood flow in it. The placenta is also low. It's down on top of my cervix. Not sure if that could cause future problems or not. I'll have to do some googling. So as of now im not on bed rest but i am on light activity. Meaning no long walks or working out. Im supposed to just take it easy. I asked her to take a peek between the legs for me. She did but wasn't completely sure. Sooooo I'm not going to say her guess until we know for sure. Sorry folks! My next appointment is in 4 weeks and that's when we will find out for sure.


Cravings: Chocolate covered strawberries and starburst!

Mood: Good. I have a lot more energy now.

Wedding Ring: Still fits

Sickness: none really. Just some aches and pains and cramps.

Miss Anything: Sleeping on my stomach.

Weight gain/loss: lost another pound.

Object Comparison: At the end of the week our Petrie will be the size of a turnip. :)

Movement: I think it's safe to say yes!

Belly Button: In

Names: We have decided on a boy name but still debating on the girl.

Medical concerns: the blood clot and the placenta thing.

Looking Forward To: Finding out 100% what little Petrie is.

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. look at your cute belly!! So glad everything is going well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That just sounds scary to me. I hope that everything is okay, but you just take it easy and take care of yourself and that baby! I know several women do develop some sort of blood clot during pregnancy though, so we'll just hope it's nothing serious. You look adorable! Thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete