Tuesday, August 11, 2015

A little scare

Last night I woke up to go to the bathroom and noticed some bleeding. I immediately went to google with panic in my head with the word miscarriage flashing in my mind. Of course there were tons of reasons for bleeding. Some ending in miscarriage and some ending with a healthy baby. But one thing that stuck out was brown blood was better than red. I had brown. So I went back to bed and decided to call in the morning. I called my dr in the morning and was told to go in for an ultrasound. When I called my monitoring clinic here in St Louis they told me They couldn't get me in! WHAT! I was panicking at that point. I was so mad. Couldn't they see that this was going to kill me if I couldn't get in? Nope! I hung up and decided to call my regular ob and see if they could see me. Yep, my nurse was so nice. She said come in at noon and we will see what's going. What a relief. So I high tailed it over to my moms to drop off Emma and then headed to my Drs. They brought me back for the ultrasound and she turned on the screen and there was our little Petrie 2.0! We even saw a little heartbeat. What a relief. I can't tell you how happy I was to see that itty bitty flicker. After the ultrasound I saw my dr. and she did an exam. She said the bleeding is likely from the rapid growth and stretching of my uterus. But to be on the safe side I should take it easy for a few days. After I left I went and got a pedicure :) then picked up Emma and headed home. My mother in law came over to babysit while I went to a movie with a friend that was already planned. We saw train wreck. It was really funny.  All in all it was a long day but turned out good. Here is a pic of our little one. 
Itty itty bitty but definitely there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment