Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter and 21 weeks

Yesterday marked 21 weeks. I was on a plane most of the day, talk about a back ache! I feel pretty good these days. Emma is moving a lot more and every time she does it brings a smile to my face.

I spent this last week in St. Louis visiting family for Easter and to have a get together for my grandma that passed. She didn't want a funeral, she wanted us to all go out to dinner and enjoy some good food and then go home and relax. So that's what we did. It was nice seeing everyone but it was hard because she wasn't there in person with us. All in all the dinner was nice and my grandma would have been happy with it. Love you forever Grandma!

On Easter everyone came over to my moms house. It has always been at my grandmas so this was different but it turned out great. I had no idea how much goes into hosting a Holliday!!! We were cooking all day long! My feet swelled for the first time. I had to take a time out a few times. I made these cute little nest things thanks to Pinterest! All it was was Rice Krispies treats shaped like nests and some mini chocolate eggs inside. Super cute! Hope all of you had a great Holliday!

My sister was able to make it in town as well! She brought the girls and I can't tell you how much fun they are at this age! They are 6 months and soooooo adorable! So much has happened since I last saw them at 3 months. On Friday we took them to see the Easter bunny at the mall. They didn't cry once at that bunny! I was surprised. They just say there. Love them so much! My sister brought me a TON of baby clothes for Emma! I am so thankful for this. They are so cute. I think my favorite thing she brought was the little snow/winter suit ! There is two and ohhhh my gosh are they to die for!!!!! It's going to be a cold winter in NY so I'm sure they will get used like crazy! Thanks again sis!

My husband and I joke all the time and say "this is why we can't have nice things" because we are both clumsy and tend to ruin things. Well, I proved this theory right again last night. On the way home from the airport I got in a tiny accident! I looked down for half a second and rear ended the car in front of me. We were at a red light and it turned green so we started to go and then he stopped because he didn't want to block the intersection ( there were a lot of cars in front of him). I looked down and BOOM! I have a scratched bumper now but that's a lot better than a cracked one. And as long as no one was hurt I'm thankful. My little izzy was in the car though and she flew forward. Not sure if she hit the dash or not :-/ but she's fine. Just a little shaken up. So again, this is why we can't have nice things! Lol

That's all the news I have for now. Still waiting on the final word to start moving. Until then.... We wait!









3 comments:

  1. All the pictures are SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good trip home and got to visit with your family. So fun that you got to see your little nieces! The little winter outfits are adorable, and so are you! :)

    ReplyDelete