Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Not so good news

I guess I should start off by saying I have been fibbing a little. My doctor decided that we could do a fresh transfer instead of freezing them for a few cycles. We were so excited and decided that we would keep it a secret and hopefully surprise everyone in a few weeks!

I knew it was to good to be true! Yesterday I started feeling pretty bad and became a little worried. I was very dizzy and lightheaded every time I got up. My stomach had also started to become a little more extended (I know I'm not tiny to begin with but I could tell and so could mark). I decided to try and take a shower and see if that helped....... Defiantly not better. I almost passed out and ended up vomiting (yes in the shower). I called my nurse shortly after and told her. She said that it sounded like I had classic signs of OHSS and that I should take it easy.

I went in this morning so the doc could check me out and make sure we were good for the transfer tomorrow. He did a ultrasound and found that I have a lot of fluid built up behind and in front of my uterus. :( my ovaries were also measuring triple+ in size. So he canceled my fresh transfer. I am to stop all my meds and wait for 2 cycles. That brings us to a November transfer. I have to admit I am very disappointed. It seems like forever away! At least I get a little break from all the meds. I guess this is for the better. Hopefully this helps our chances of getting pregnant. The healthier I am the better!

The dark black parts of the ultra sound is fluid that has built up!

6 comments:

  1. Awww I'm so sorry about the OHSS! I really hope you feel better and that November is your month. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I guess it's not so bad waiting a few more months. I've waited this long already! I just pray it works in November.

      Delete
  2. Amber I am so sorry about the OHSS! No fun at all. Praying for a quick and speedy recovery and that things work out in November. Waiting stinks major! But, like you said it is better that you are over the OHSS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have come to terms with waiting now. It sucks but oh well. Thanks for the prayers. Hope your doing well.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about OHSS :( You little sneak though fibbing about a fresh cycle! I am glad you are going to get some rest though. The healthier, the better! So glad your fertilization report looked GREAT though! Congratulations on that! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised I was able to keep it a secret to tell you the truth. Lol thank you for thinking of me. Now we wait!!

      Delete