Friday, September 21, 2012

Retrieval Day!

I barely slept at all last night because I was thinking of everything that could go wrong and a whole lot of other crap. I came up with some crazy scenarios. Im glad I got to have a little nap during my procedure!

The egg retrieval went great. Doc said i did great! We had 34 eggs in total! 20 of them are definitely mature, 10 are intermediate meaning they might be mature and 4 were not mature. We are beyond satisfied with these results!!! The embryologist will be calling us tomorrow between 1-4pm to let us know how many of them fertilized.

I was feeling super bloated this morning before we went (I guess we know why now!) so I'm glad all those eggs are out of me! I'm really tired right now so I'll probably go take a short nap in a bit. My doctor put me on a medicine called dostinex to help reduce the chance of OHSS. I'm supposed to drink lots of water and gatorade as well as stay away from sugar and simple carbs. I really hope I don't end up with getting it. Fingers crossed!

Here are some pictures before and after retrieval. Obviously not my best picture. The ones in the middle are while I was in recovery.

5 comments:

  1. COngrats lady!!!! That is an awesome number!! Can't wait to hear the fertilization report!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! I love your pictures. I have everything crossed for you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Those are awesome numbers!! I am so happy everything went well! Cant wait to hear the fertilization report!

    Oh, and so glad you took photos! They are a great memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations from a follower!! Here's to a fantastic fert report! Fingers crossed... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! We are really excited. We are still waiting on the fertilization report.

    ReplyDelete