Tuesday, February 5, 2013

13 weeks!

There is some confusion on when the second trimester starts. Some say the beginning of week 13 and some say the first day of week 14. I'm confused. So I have decided to count today as the start of my second trimester! Yay!! We made it! It's hard to believe how far we have come. I never thought I would be writing this but........ We are really gunna have a baby folks! I am well aware that things could still happen but I think we are in the clear for the most part. Words can't express the way I feel right now.

Since Mark and I live in San Diego we have to book flights back to St. Louis as far in advance as possible. So we set a date that was good for everyone in the family for our baby shower! May 4th is the date we picked. I will be 25 weeks, past the 24 week milestone. I won't be to pregnant at this time so flying shouldn't be terribly uncomfortable. At least I hope not. I have decided that no matter what the gender of the baby is we are doing a safari/jungle theme for the baby room and in turn the shower. Most of you know my favorite animal now is a giraffe so it works out well. :)

It feels like our next appointment is so far away. 3 weeks to go but it won't be a very fun appointment. There will be no ultrasound :( just the Doppler and blood work. I guess that's better than nothing though. Then I have to wait another 4 weeks for the gender scan. I may have to tell a little white lie in between those appointments to get in earlier. Maybe I'll have some cramps or something around 18 weeks :). I'm so impatient. Lol


Cravings: Jamba Juice and sweet stuff.

Mood: Good, sometimes I get a little cranky and snippy.

Wedding Ring: Still fits

Sickness: I haven't really been that sick lately. I still gets headaches every now and then but the increase in caffeine the dr suggested has helped. I have been a little more nauseous this week. Nothing I can't handle though.

Miss Anything: Sleeping through the night.

Weight gain/loss: Still haven't gained any. I haven't lost any this week though. So I'm sure ill start gaining soon.

Object Comparison: At the end of the week our Petrie will be the size of a green apple! Wow, he/she is growing fast.

Movement: It's still a ways away. but I am so excited for this to happen. It will become more real to me I think.

Belly Button: In

Names: I have a few that are on my favorites list!

Medical concerns: Keeping my blood pressure down.

Looking Forward To: Hearing the heartbeat of our baby in a few weeks. This will keep my mind at ease until the next appointment.





5 comments:

  1. Look at that little bump!!! yayayaya So happy for you! Congrats on the 2nd trimester!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have a few friends that are around the same gestation as me and they aren't showing at all! :( oh well that's just how the cookie crumbled I guess!

      Delete
  2. I better get an invite to that shower LOL :)
    I'm confused about 2nd tri too. Yayyyy you made it!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for 13 weeks!!!! So excited for you! I can't wait until you feel movement. It is the most incredible feeling :) Congratulations girly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy 2nd trimester girl...you made it!!! I'm with you on the white lie :) do what you gotta do to put your mind at ease. hehe there should be a whole blog entry on how to squeeze in early appointments..aka the best excuses... :)

    ReplyDelete