Tuesday, June 18, 2013

32 weeks

32 weeks!!!!! 8 months!!!!! It's still hard to believe sometimes that I'm going to be a mommy soon. But it's true, only 8 weeks left till my due date. Hopefully she doesn't decide to stay in there longer than that. 

Last night Mark and I went to a parenting class. It was fun and informative. There was a lot of little things I wasn't aware of. There were also things that I thought I knew just from hearing from other moms that were wrong. I think some things are based on personal opinions. I also think that you should take some of the advice given with a grain of salt and rely mainly on your instincts. I could be wrong but again it's just my opinion. They gave out a great booklet of the basics and how to's. I have read through half so far and it has answered a lot of those little questions you don't think of until you are probably in that situation. All in all it was a great class. 

I also got my hospital bag all packed except a few little things you can't pack until you are going out the door. Here is a list of the things I have in there. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear from you moms that have already done this! While packing Dakota thought that he should be packed for that special day. I came out of the closet and found him in my suitcase! I of course got a picture!

Hospital bag:
Nursing tanks 
Underwear 
Nursing bra and nursing sports bras
T-shirts to sleep in
Sweat pants 
Going home outfit
Comfy socks
Heating pad
Money for vending machines
Video camera ( we won't be videoing the birth just before and after)
Nursing pads and nipple cream

Last minute list:
Toothbrush and toiletries 
Pillow
Purse with wallet/insurance
iPad
Phone charger

That's it I think :)

Over the weekend I got a maternity support belt. I waited to long for this I think. It helps a lot when going out for walks and trips to the store. I am still having bh contractions every now and then. No real ones yet though I don't think. I can only wear it for short periods of time. It kinda gets itchy after a while. But it's worth the money I tell ya! I highly recommend it. 

Izzy is doing great. She gets weekly cast changes and every time we go I get to stop at smoothie king for a strawberry banana smoothie! I have come to look forward to Fridays now :) 

My next OB appointment is next week. I don't think anything exciting. Just a regular check up. 

See you all next week




2 comments:

  1. Yay for 8 months!!' Almost there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo-Hoo!! Not much longer. Can you believe it???? Love the pics. That cast is hilarious. It looks bigger than Izzy!

    ReplyDelete