Monday, November 12, 2012

What not to say!

There are a few things you just don't say to an infertile. Today someone told me your young you'll get pregnant sooner or later. You have plenty of time. WHAT?!?!? REALLY?!? I know you didn't just say that. I was a little taken back by this comment. I thought to myself, obviously this person is ignorant and just has no clue how it feels to not be able to get pregnant. She smirked and said just be patient. Patient? How long do you have to wait for you to be considered to have been patient long enough? I had to bite my tongue and just smile.

I decided to make a little list of things not to say while at work because I was obviously a little disturbed and angry. If for some reason you stumble upon my blog and you are a fertile then please take a moment to read. If you are an infertile and would like to add something feel free to do so in the comments.

1) A fertile should never say "why do you want kids" unless of course you want to be punched by a raging estrogen driven female.

2) One should never offer their own children to the infertile. This is highly inappropriate and you may end up with a visit from division of family services depending on how much you pissed the infertile off!

3) Just because someone is still in their 20's does not mean their desire to have children isn't as strong as an infertile in their 30's or 40's. so don't say, "you have time"!!!

4) "As soon as you stop trying you will get pregnant" Really? That's all I can say to that one.

5) Adopt, there are so many kids with out a family! As adoption may be a great solution to some couples it is not for everyone. It takes a lot of thought and time to come to this decision. And only the couple can make it. Do you really think it hasn't crossed their mind already? Come on!

6) Do NOT come to an infertile and tell them how stressed you are about your own kids! It's just Rude to say the least.

7)"Maybe your doing it wrong"....................... Ummm! Ok would you like to tell me what I'm doing wrong please because I'm dying to know your tricks of the trade, not!

8) "Maybe you weren't meant to have kids" OMG those are fighting words right there. Do you really want a black eye?!?

9) Pray! I believe highly in prayer. In fact I pray every night. But as you can tell it hasn't worked yet. Although I have been blessed with a lot of other things. A child is not one...yet! Plus I don't believe one should ever push prayer on another person. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs!

10) It will happen, just be patient. NO!!!! It won't JUST happen. It hasn't yet and I'm pretty sure it won't happen without medical help. Although miracles do happen I guess.

Every infertility case is different. Some are male factor. Some female and (in my case) some are both. Some times it is unexplained infertility. Regardless of the reason they are in pain from this struggle. So please if you are a fertile remember this post and be considerate.

That is all for tonight! Thanks

5 comments:

  1. I love your list! I have heard all of these too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for getting involved with our little project, and for pointing me towards your blog. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you?!?! I need an update on how things are going!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm here! I am just waiting for transfer day. I go in on Monday for a progesterone check and then the following Monday is transfer day!!

      Delete