Thursday, December 20, 2012

An Unplanned trip to the clinic

Last night I woke up with some pain that I attributed to gas pains. So after some tossing and turning I finally fell back asleep. When I woke up this morning I went to the bathroom and noticed I was bleeding. It also had some clots in it. My heart sank and I started freaking out. I told mark and he jumped on the Internet searching for the cause. He said it looks like it could be normal. I called the doc and he said to come on in to the clinic for an ultrasound.

When I arrived they brought me right back and the Dr came in to start the ultrasound. Right away I was shocked to see our little Petrie still there! He was much bigger and his heart was beating strong. The Dr said this is a good sign. The fact that our baby had grown in size and we had a heartbeat was great. After measuring the baby she went on to find the cause of my bleeding. She came across what she called subchorionic hemorrhaging. It's bleeding on the outside of the gestational sack. There is no main cause for this she said but it happens in almost 25% of pregnancies. It is thought to be from the rapid growth of the gestational sack causing tares around the gestational sack. In turn causing bleeding. She went on to tell me that it does increase our risk for miscarriage. Then quickly went on saying that it was a good sign that we had a heartbeat and growing baby. I'm supposed to take it easy until I leave for my flight. I'm also supposed to stop taking baby aspirin and no lifting over 10 lbs.

My morning was filled with tons of emotions. I'm a little more at ease now because we saw a heartbeat and he/she has grown since our last appointment (2days ago). But we aren't out of the woods yet. I just pray our little petrie stick around. This upcoming week I will taking it easy and trying to stay calm and stress free.

Here is a new picture of our sweet baby Petrie.

4 comments:

  1. so glad you and baby are ok! Rest up and enjoy the holidays girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you and baby are okay!! Take it easy girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great your doc got you in so fast and yay for strong heart beat. Try to take it easy (I know easier said than done). I'm so sorry you have to go through this, it's just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 6w2ds and just had some red bleeding....I am hoping that I have a good outcome like you but of course its worrying me!!

    ReplyDelete