Saturday, December 29, 2012

Lots to blog about

There is so much that has happened on our trip to st. Louis that I just keep waiting to post because something else is bound to happen.

As you know I ended up taking a train from Kansas to St. Louis. That ride was very long and annoying. Not sure if I mentioned it on my last post but there was a woman behind me that kept eating Funyuns and wanted to kill her. The smell almost made me lose my stomach. After I finally got to my destination I started to realize how my nose was beginning to be much like a bloodhound! I smell everything! Waking up in the morning to the smell of sleep in the room was even making me want to toss my cookies. I also noticed that if I don't eat every few hours my nausea is much much worse than if I snack throughout the day. Still haven't lost my stomach though! I'm sure my days if not hours are limited on that though.

Mark and I spent Christmas Eve with both sides of the family. It was wonderful seeing everyone after being gone for so long. I'm not sure how to post videos on here yet so I'll do it some other time. I taped both marks families and my families reaction to our news! I think marks mom won the prize on craziness. She knew right away what that outfit meant. On the other hand, my grandma was the one who opened the present on my side and it took her a while to figure it out. Lol she did though. She was so excited. After my side we went back to my moms to open presents there. I got lots of goodies there! Even some maternity clothes :). I will try to figure out the video thing tomorrow.

On Christmas Day we spent a lot of time just going around and visiting more with intermediate family. Then we went to bed not knowing what sadness the morning would bring......

Upon waking up I got a call from the kennel we put the fur babies in. The man on the phone said "Mrs Forster I'm sorry but I have some unfortunate news for you..." my heart began to beat a little faster as my eyes began to swell with tears with his next sentence. "Last night your cat Dexter passed away from what appears to be a grand mal seizure. His room was thrashed about and the way he was positioned led us to come to this conclusion. I'm very sorry for your loss mam." My poor sweet Dexter died. He wasn't even 2 yet. I started to hysterically cry and handed mark the phone. They asked what we wanted done with his body and what they could do to help. We decided to have him cremated. After I calmed down a little I started wondering how this could have happened. I searched the web and came to a few conclusions but one stood out the most. When Dexter was a kitten he suffered from a brain injury that left him with brain damage and some lasting side effects. Apparently when his risk of a seizure or something of that nature happening was really high. He had never been kenneled before and the stress from it must have sparked it. The only other thing that came to mind was neglect of some sort. That was highly unlikely though. That day was filled with tears, confusion and heartache. The days that followed were much of the same.

Mark wanted to try and cheer me up so he took me to a pet store down the street that had puppies. Puppies always make someone feel better, or at least it does me. Right when we walked in a little pup came running up to me. She was beyond adorable. I fell in love with her. I knew that my grieving from Dexter was the main reason for my desire to bring her home. Then I started to feel guilty. Am I dishonoring my sweet Dexter by wanting her so bad? My eyes started to swell again. I then thought of Dakota, (our dog) he was going to be so upset. I looked at mark and he knew what I was thinking. I saw dollar signs in his eyes. Poor guy was just trying to make me feel better and no he had to tell his pregnant griening wife no on a puppy. We left, I cried and carried on about how I already had a perfect name for her. The next day after a lot of discussion we went back. She looked up at Mark and I saw him melt. I knew she was coming home with me!

I named this little girl Izzy. She is a toy fox terrier. She is six months old and basically potty trained! she pooped one time in my moms house but I think that was because I didn't stay outside long enough with her. She slept all night long and didn't make a peep. That's my girl!

The introduction of Izzy and Dakota was interesting. She was in the car in her carrier when we picked him up. She was squeaking and making all kinds of growls and Dakota didn't even notice! He was so excited to see us that it took a good 5 min before he noticed there was something living in the back seat! He then went to investigate. Sniffing her carrier and trying to get in. When we got home we let him sniff a little more before we opened it up for her to come out. She did and I think Dakota was wondering if she was a dog or a rat! She is so tiny next to him lol. They have played a little here and there but Izzy gets a little scared if he gets to wild. I think it's going to all work out!

My appointment was today with the the RE. Our 7 week 3 day ultrasound. It went well! Petrie is growing rapidly and the heartbeat was 148! My next appointment is next Friday!

I hope you all had a great holiday.

Here are a few pics of dexter the kitty, a few of Izzy and if course Petrie!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amber. I am so so sorry about your kitten. That is just so sad. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Sending you many hugs. Glad to her the little one is doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about your cat Amber :( I know he is watching over you! On a different note, I am glad Mark got you that puppy!! If we lived closer together, our dogs could totally do a play date at the dog park! Kaylie loves little dogs! Have a wonderful week and I am glad Petrie is doing well too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your kitty, it just makes it so much harder that it happened while you were gone :(. Congrats on the strong heart beat! That's great news.

    ReplyDelete